Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flower Love

Awesome News!!
       Every Wednesday on Lavender Lovely I will post floral designs I have made during the week. Yayyy for flowers! 
Floral Design & pretty much just flowers in general are a huge part of my life.
     I am Vice President of the American Institute of Floral Design here on campus ( next semester I will be the president! ) & I refuse to believe that generation Y will never appreciate floral designs, floral shops & all the amazing things that can be done with flowers and the emotions they can evoke.
     Aside from Flower Love Wednesdays I will always post floral industry related news, pics of flower shows and design classes and competitions I attend. I will also be sure to post floral photoshoots & floral design tutorials. I will even start doing some online floral design classes & post them on Lavender Lovely for free. Everyone deserves beautiful flowers in their lives.

Floral Designs of the Week  

This is a contemporaty design technique that gives the illusion of the focal flowers ( the carnations ) going straight through the design.


This design is def my favorite of the week! I love bright flowers. : )

This design style is call Pave. Pave style is when all the flowers in the design are all touching eachother and are all at the same height and little or no foliage is used. Some people do this style using lines of different types of flowers but I am really loving this patch work vibe I did. Reminds me of a mosaic piece of art. For a really awesome touch I added some pieces of equisetum to the outside edges. I love that stuff, its like mini bamboo.


I hope these designs have inspired you. Pop by your local flower shop & pick up some flowers and design something of your own! : ) Supporting your local flower shop is an amazing thing.


Hugs & Wonderful Thoughts,

Lavender A. 


No comments:

Post a Comment