Friday, October 7, 2011

Hoop Dance?

     
Hoop Dance!

             I got into the wonderful world of hooping about two years ago && I havent stopped hooping since!

     I came across a hoopnotica video on youtube and I was instantly mesmerized with it. I bought my first hoop off etsy & I fell in love with it. I began hooping sometimes 5 hours a day. I became obsessed ( & I still am ) with learning every trick.

So what is this hooping business I speak off??

      It is sort of like hula hooping but since Wham-O owns the rights to that title, people in the sport just refer to it as "hooping". && The hoops that are used by todays hoopers arent the toy hoops you find in the department store. These hoops are made for adults and the come in all kinds of colors an they usually range from 35 inches around to 42 inches around. The act of hoop dance is to use your hoop to dance inside of it and do all kinds of cool tricks with it. ( I even do yoga with mine!!! )



This Hooping Life is sweet! It's such a amazing subculture filled with the happiest sort of people.

    It's super addictive! Whats awesome it allows me to meditate && burn 600 calories per hour at the same time.

    Anyone can hoop if you wanna find out more there is a great hooping community called hoop city : )

There is also a really great hooping blog I follow . She is quite an awesome lady.

There are tons of great little etsy shops that make custom hoops or make your own.

    This is one fun physical activity that I def recomend. The first thing I do when I get back to my apartment after a day of classes is grab my hoop and spin the stress of the day away.


I'll put hoop video updates on Lavender Lovely as I nail down different tricks. Ohh Boy : )


Happy Friday Everyone!


Hugs & Wonderful Thoughts,
Lavender A.


No comments:

Post a Comment