Monday, August 13, 2012

Flower Love!

Description of Photo 
I have been working in flower shops since I was 13 and then I went to trade school and then college for floral design. In that time I have designed in many of different containers and vases. Golden urns and Simon Pierce glass bowls worth thousands of dollars and yet nothing makes my heart sing quite like a mason jar full of posies! 
Description of Photo 
I have been harvesting all day and getting ready to sell all my beauties at various farmers markets and I figured I would keep some for myself. I usually wind up selling all of my bouquet jars and then I have nothing for my own little house. That might be a good problem to have though, since it means my flowers have fans! 
Description of Photo 
Look at that Dahlia! Very Sexy! ♥ 
Description of Photo   
I threw it together in about two minutes but I love how it turned out. I am very famous on this farm for my fast bouquet assembly skills. My girls who are helping me for the summer keep saying they are going to record me one of these days. Maybe it should be an olympic sport...Hey it could happen! If Speed Walk Racing is a sport then extreme bouquet production can be one too. : ) 
Description of Photo
  This Bouquet Features: 
♥ White + Purple Lisianthus 
♥ Blue Ageratum 
♥ White Zinnias 
♥ English Lavender 
♥ White Dahlias 
Description of Photo
I didn't put any greens into this one. I put mint in my small bouquets this time of year but I just didn't think this little bundle needed any. I am very happy with those Lisianthus. Thanks to my new spiffy high tunnel I have been able to produce a great crop of them all July and August!

Got any flowers in your house this week? If you don't you should stop by your local farmers market and grab some! 

Have a Lovely day! ♥ 

Lav. A

No comments:

Post a Comment