Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Origins of my Indie Company


People ask me all the time at craft shows where my bath and body name Sweet Neon comes from, so I thought I would answer this huge mystery! : ) 

Description of Photo 

I actually got the first inspiration from the very pretty cut flower Neon Amazon. They are so bright and pretty! I grow all the colors this flower comes in on my farm. I especially love the bright pink and purple varieties. They are such an amazing cut flower and I don't think they get a lot of mention in the floral industry.

I know the Dianthus family as a whole gets used quite often but I dont actually see this really awesome variety in floral shops very often. This is probably why I sell so much of it at the farmers market in the summer. hehehe 

Description of Photo   

I also loved working all the pretty fragrances for bath and body products just like I love experiencing the natural sweetness of all the cut flowers I grow every year. 

So sweet scents and neon amazon flowers turned into...

 SWEET + NEON = SWEET NEON BATH & BODY !! ♥ 

Description of Photo

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Just like that I had this new awesome obsession that I could become married to. I love love love growing flowers on my farm of course, but the long winters of the Adirondacks left me with a very large time of the year where I didn't have to be creative. One can only snowboard and hoop dance indoors for so long before feeling the pull of the need to make things! So something that was once a hobby turned into a very big professional goal. 

Have a lovely day! ♥ 

Lav. A  

No comments:

Post a Comment