Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Wind Down Goals

This summer has been flying by! It's not over yet but... according to my filo-fax school starts  up again in a few weeks which means my summer will be coming to an end. I love summer but honestly I'm happy to see it go. This particular summer was rather drama filled for me. I had to say good bye to someone that had been very important to me for a very long time because when it came down to it we just didn't want the same things. Simple yet hurtful. I feel like fall will be a clean slate. Plus I just love the crunchy leaves and everything pumpkin flavored!!

So I have made a list of some goals to keep me on track as the summer comes to a close!  

Description of Photo

♥ - Get back into the motion of Hoop Dancing! Hooping just makes me so happy and relaxed. Since leaving college for the summer I had not done a lot of it due to the fact I was working like crazy and I didn't have the same ladies I hoop with during the year. This is one of the things I had stopped doing because I got caught up in another persons life and had no time for little things like this that I did for myself. I have been hoop dancing about four days a week lately and it feels so good! 

Description of Photo

♥ - Drink more polar water. At school I lived off polar water and that was all. I loved all of the flavors, variety is a wonderful thing! Well sadly during the summer I developed a bad habit of drinking lots of Mountain Dew and Monster. I know it's terrible for you, but I had been living in a house where those were the only options. Now I am in my own little house and the only bubbly beverage in my fridge are many polar waters! 
Description of Photo
♥ - Get prepared for school! I have been slacking in the paper work department for school. I have four classes this fall semester and since this is a new school for me, I need to get it all figured out. Even though I am going to school for my third degree I am still terrified of going to a new school and having to start all over again to make friends. With all the purple I wear and my hair people either really love me or they just wanna stay away from me. Should be...fun. Sigh. 

♥ - Keep Training for Soccer! With school starting up that means my favorite sport in the whole world starts also. I usually play at my college but since my new school doesn't have a women's soccer team (which is totally lame since there is a mens team) I joined a sports center in my area that has an adults womens league. Whats cool about playing there is that once fall turns to winter they have indoor sports fields so we can play all winter. Sounds like a blast and that means less time I have to spend at the gym in the winter. : ) 
Description of Photo 

♥ - Add to my Fall Purple Wardrobe. It has been very hard not to go crazy lately with over buying with all the adorable purple fall garments that are coming out in the stores. I will def be buying a lot though. Especially this purple plaid shirt I spotted at Target yesterday! So cute! 

Description of Photo

♥ - Prepare for Holiday business. Last but probably the most important thing I need to do is get ready for the holidays. This includes preparing my fall and holiday bath & body line, cleaning up the flower farm for winter, harvest honey from my bee hives, process and can a lot of delicata squash (yummy!!!), Make all kinds of products for my winter farmers markets such as Maple Sponge candy and fudge, holiday farm baskets, basically maple overload. 

Fall is my favorite season and I can't wait for it to arrive but for now with the few weeks left I am going to enjoy the flowers, hike, go on some bike trail rides, enjoy my motorcycle like crazy till it snows and I am forced to put it away, attend the fair, cherish flip flops, go out on the lake and have a few more crazy nights with my ladies! (we still have crazy nights in the winter) 

Is there anything you have to do before the summer ends? 

Have a lovely day! 

Lav. A

No comments:

Post a Comment