Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic Victory Bouquets

Greetings and Happy Monday! I am sitting in my air conditioned living room today listing my new soaps on my etsy shop while watching the Olympic Women's Soccer Semi Round. Cheering on the U.S. team! 

I realized I haven't done any flower related posts lately so I decided to highlight the Olympic medal bouquets that are given out to the champions.

Description of Photo
The bouquets for the 2012 Olympic games include four varieties of Roses divided by English Lavender, Rosemary and Mint. I also feel like I have spotted some of the bouquets being presented through out the games to also have a little bit of Ornamental Wheat in them but I'm not sure. Anyways, this design is def very English indeed! 

Over the course of the 2012 Olympics over 4,000 victory bouquets will be presented!! Holy cow, that's alotta posies! 

These bouquets were designed by the one and only UK Florist, Jane Packer. I'm sure the legend of a florist who passed away last year is very proud to represent British Floral Design for all the world to see during these games. It's on my bucket list to attend one of her design schools someday. 

A simple yet classic design and since they had to create so many of them a grouping bouquet is a good choice since it helps in replicating so many of them quickly. I love that they included Jane Packer's signature printed ribbon. Very pretty! 

Okay, back to yelling the the big screen in my living room during soccer! 

Have a lovey day everyone! 

Lav. A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment